Ornette Coleman - Beauty Is A Rare Thing: The Complete Atlantic Recordings download free
Beauty Is A Rare Thing: The Complete Atlantic Recordings
Hard Bop, Free Jazz
MP3 archive size:
FLAC archive size:
WMA archive size:
MPC AIFF ADX WMA XM VOX MMF
- 1872 downloads at 24 mb/s
MP3 album RAR archive
- 1965 downloads at 25 mb/s
FLAC album RAR archive
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1-1||Focus On Sanity||6:49|
|1-6||Monk And The Nun||5:53|
|1-7||Just For You||3:51|
|1-9||Una Muy Bonita||5:59|
|1-11||Change Of The Century||4:41|
|2-1||The Face Of The Bass||6:55|
|2-4||The Circle With A Hole In The Middle||4:52|
|2-7||The Tribes Of New York||4:33|
|2-9||Rise And Shine||6:11|
|2-10||Mr. And Mrs. People||4:40|
|2-12||I Heard It Over The Radio||6:24|
|3-1||P.S. Unless One Has (Blues Connotation No. 2)||5:53|
|3-4||Joy Of A Toy||4:55|
|3-7||The Fifth Of Beethoven||6:37|
|3-8||Motive For Its Use||5:39|
|3-10||The Legend Of Bebop||7:15|
Written-By – George & Ira Gershwin
|4-3||Beauty Is A Rare Thing||7:13|
Bass Clarinet – Eric DolphyTrumpet – Freddie Hubbard
Bass Clarinet – Eric DolphyTrumpet – Freddie Hubbard
|5-4||T. & T.||4:35|
|5-5||C. & D.||13:10|
|5-7||The Alchemy Of Scott Lafaro||9:50|
|6-1||E O S||6:35|
Arranged By, Conductor, Written-By – Gunther SchullerBass – Alvin BrehmCello – Joseph Tekula*Drums – Stick EvansGuitar – Jim HallProducer – John Lewis Viola – Harry ZaratzianViolin – Charles Libove, Roland Vamos
|6-8||Variants On A Theme Of Thelonious Monk (Criss-Cross): Variant I / Variant II / Variant III / Variant IV
Alto Saxophone [Alto Sax], Flute, Bass Clarinet – Eric DolphyArranged By, Conductor, Written-By – Gunther SchullerBass – George DuvivierCello – Joseph Tekula*Drums – Stick EvansFlute – Robert DiDomenicaGuitar – Jim HallPiano – Bill EvansProducer – John Lewis Vibraphone – Eddie CostaViola – Harry ZaratzianViolin – Charles Libove, Roland Vamos
- Record Company – Warner Music Group
- Marketed By – Rhino Entertainment Company
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Copyright (c) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Copyright (c) – Rhino Records Inc.
- Recorded At – Radio Recorders
- Recorded At – A&R Studios
- Recorded At – Atlantic Studios
- Remastered At – Atlantic Studios
- Alto Saxophone [Alto Sax] – Ornette Coleman (tracks: 1-1 to 5-7, 6-7, 6-8)
- Art Direction – Geoff Gans
- Bass – Charlie Haden (tracks: 1-1 to 4-5), Jimmy Garrison (tracks: 6-1 to 6-6), Scott LaFaro (tracks: 4-4 to 5-7, 6-7, 6-8)
- Compilation Producer – Yves Beauvais
- Cornet – Don Cherry (tracks: 1-1 to 1-8)
- Design – Brigid Pearson
- Drums – Billy Higgins (tracks: 1-1 to 2-5, 4-4, 4-5), Ed Blackwell (tracks: 2-6 to 6-6)
- Liner Notes – Robert Palmer
- Liner Notes [Foreword, Coleman And His Titles] – Yves Beauvais
- Liner Notes [Notes Of Times, Reflections] – Ornette Coleman
- Liner Notes [Notes Of Times] – Don Cherry
- Other [Harmologician] – Mark Chapman
- Photography By – Robert Parent*, Herb Snitzer, Jon Seivert*, Michael Ochs, Ray Avery
- Photography By [Booklet Cover Photos] – Lee Freidlander*
- Photography By [Wallet Photo] – William Claxton
- Producer – Nesuhi Ertegun
- Remastered By – Stephen Innocenzi
- Research [Research Assistance] – Michael Mazzarella
- Strings – The Contemporary String Quartet (tracks: 6-7, 6-8)
- Tenor Saxophone [Tenor Sax] – Ornette Coleman (tracks: 6-1 to 6-6)
- Trumpet [Pocket] – Don Cherry (tracks: 1-8 to 6-6)
- Written-By – Ornette Coleman (tracks: 1-1 to 3-11, 3-13 to 6-6)
NotesMade in the EU.
Box contains 6 CD's in cardboard sleeves and a 72-page booklet.
This six-CD set contains the entirely of Ornette Coleman's recorded output for the Atlantic label, including the contents of the following albums:
The Shape Of Jazz To Come
Change Of The Century
This Is Our Music
Ornette On Tenor
The Art Of The Improvisers
To Whom Who Keeps A Record
Also included are six previously unreleased compositions (2-7, 2-9, 2-10, 2-12, 3-2, 5-1) and two selections from (composer) Gunther Schuller's Jazz Abstractions featuring Ornette Coleman on alto saxophone.
1-1 to 1-8 recorded on Friday, May 22, 1959; 9:30pm - 3:30am at Radio Recorders, Hollywood, California.
1-9 to 2-1 recorded on Thursday, October 8, 1959; 3pm - 7pm at Radio Recorders, Hollywood, California.
2-2 to 2-5 recorded on Friday, October 9, 1959; 2pm - 6pm at Radio Recorders, Hollywood, California.
2-6 to 3-2 recorded on Tuesday, July 19, 1960; 8pm - 12pm at Atlantic Recording Studios, New York City.
3-3 to 3-13 recorded on Tuesday, July 26, 1960; 6pm - 9pm & 10pm - 1am at Atlantic Recording Studios, New York City.
4-1 to 4-3 recorded on Tuesday, August 2, 1960; 6pm - 9pm & 10pm - 1am at Atlantic Recording Studios, New York City.
4-4 to 4-5 recorded on Wednesday, December 21, 1960; 8pm - 12:30am at A&R Studios, New York City
5-1 to 5-7 recorded on Tuesday, January 31, 1961; 3pm to 7:30pm at Atlantic Recording Studios, New York City.
6-1 recorded on Wednesday, March 22, 1961 at Atlantic Recording Studios, New York City.
6-2 to 6-6 recorded on Monday, March 27, 1961; 9pm - 1:30am at Atlantic Recording Studios, New York City.
6-7 recorded on Monday, December 19, 1960 at A&R Studios, New York City.
6-8 recorded on Tuesday, December 20, 1960 at A&R Studios, New York City.
Digitally remastered from the original stereo master tapes at Atlantic Studios, New York City, April / May 1993.
A most heartfelt harmolodic thank you to Ornette Coleman who, with his music and his soul, has made the world a better place.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0081227956196
- Matrix / Runout (CD 1): [Warner logo} 8122795619A V01 GHV
- Matrix / Runout (CD 2): [Warner logo} 8122795619B V01 XCW
- Matrix / Runout (CD 3): [Warner logo} 8122795619C V01 SAY
- Matrix / Runout (CD 4): [Warner logo} 8122795619D V01 GVX
- Matrix / Runout (CD 5): [Warner logo} 8122795619E V01 IAL
- Matrix / Runout: [Warner logo} 8122795619F V01 ELL
- Mastering SID Code (CD 1, 2, 3): IFPI L017
- Mastering SID Code (CD 4, 5, 6): IFPI L016
- Mould SID Code (CD 1, 2): IFPI 052S
- Mould SID Code (CD 3, 5): IFPI 054T
- Mould SID Code (CD 4): IFPI 05M6
- Mould SID Code (CD 6): IFPI 056T
- Rights Society: GEMA-MCPS
- Label Code: LC02982
|R2 71410||Ornette Coleman||Beauty Is A Rare Thing (The Complete Atlantic Recordings) (6xCD, Comp, RM + Box)||Rhino Records||R2 71410||US||1993|
Related Ornette Coleman - Beauty Is A Rare Thing: The Complete Atlantic Recordings albums
- Charley Patton - The Essential Collection download
- Judy Bailey - A Lonely Woman (In The Arms Of A Man With A One-Track Mind) download
- T-Bone Walker - Papa Ain't Salty download
- The Carter Family - Longing For Old Virginia (Their Complete Victor Recordings 1934) download
- Middle Of The Road - Middle Of The Road download
- Bud Powell Trio - Budism download
- Bessie Smith - The Complete Recordings Vol. 4 download
- Mountain Man & Tennessee Woman - World's Fair Blues / Swallow Our Pride download
- Bonnie Lee - Teardrops From My Eyes / I Need Your Love So Badly download
- Ripple Blast Singers - Rhythm And Blues Hits Of '68 download